This was a result of my roll for audiobook. The audiobooks split the novellas into separate works, but I also have the book in which these novellas are included.
Sunreach follows the story of FM, Rig, and Jorgen on Detritus while Spensa is off exploring her Cytonic powers. FM is the viewpoint character, and after the battle where the Delver appears, becomes the keeper of the slugs - the little creatures like Spensa's Doomslug. They quickly discover that these creatures are the secret to hyperjumping and long range communication. Can they gain allies against the Superiority with this new knowledge?
I personally really liked this novella. I thought it was short and sweet, and was purposeful in continuing the Skyward storyline. I liked FM as a viewpoint character and how she was contrasted against Spensa (who I also love as a character). This is particularly seen as the novella explores FM's budding relationship with Rig. That little hint of a romance was cute, and I liked the exploration and growth FM has to do to accept that relationship.
I also ended up thinking the plot was engaging. It was just fast enough to keep me interested, and I loved the way it all played out in the end. I thought it was a good exploration of Cytonics and their powers (it wouldn't be a Sanderson without magic, even if it is in space!).
I rated this book ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Comments
Post a Comment