Skip to main content

Anthony M. Bean: The Psychology of Zelda: Linking Our World to the Legend of Zelda Series

My husband really enjoys The Legend of Zelda games, and I've liked watching him play them, though I'm not as interested in them as he is. I found this book on Audible (I think it was included with membership) and thought that it sounded really interesting.

The Psychology of Zelda is a collection of essays from various people (mostly with doctorate degrees in psychology and related fields) about how The Legend of Zelda games are impacted by psychology. From topics ranging from projection to the stages of grief, this book picks apart the games, the music, the characters, and the players to show why the games are so impactful and popular.

This book was interesting, and was generally easy to follow. I didn't fully know what I was getting into when I bought the book, so I didn't realize that it was a collection of essays. Still, that didn't overly bother me, except that it made the audiobook version a little hard to follow. I couldn't keep track the author biographies and if they were at the start or end. Other than that, I thought some of the perspectives presented were interesting.

I rated this book ⭐⭐⭐⭐



Comments